Still, November was good; NaNoWriMo was a success for more me and I really enjoyed myself. I got way more done than I anticipated. But obviously, there is a lot to be done… and before I can get started I’ve made the decision to put Project Life on hold.
I thought I’d be more excited… 🤔
First of all… I just want to express how proud I am of myself; not only did I stick it out for the whole month, but I hit the ground running and for the most part, achieved way more than I’d ever anticipated.
Its the penultimate NaoWriMo finale!
And I’ve been pretty much Game designing all day! It’s a good feeling.
I’ve been trying to bring together all elements of what I’ve been working on all November together so that tomorrow, the final day of NaNo, I can showcase all the features I’ve…
Another day, another troubleshooting session, this time focussing on the Hotbar and then (when I lost my mind) the Monster’s behaviour when chasing the player.
The Hotbar implementation broke me; I spent hours… hours trying different versions of rules and expressions to make the specific instance…
I decided that today was a bug fixing day, but after a morning run in the cold and the frost, I was inspired to make a footprint animation that follows the player. This was actually surprisingly easy to implement (see snippet below).
I then got back on track and spent…
I started my Player Sprites today!
I’ve been super excited to start drawing my own sprites for the player and couldn’t hold off the itch any longer. It’s very clean… it might need some more detail but this will come later once it’s in the engine.
So just before I finished last night I was able to figure out my oddity with the duplicating instances of the inventorySlots. I basically had an old bit of logic in there collapse and hidden away that I thought was disabled. Success!
I’ve had a lot of lore and game story thought going around my head and after updating my Game Design Document this morning, I spent some time drawing (very) rough maps of both the ship and the village that the player will be traversing throughout the game:
Made a lot of progress today with an inventory system. Lots of trial and error but I’m pretty pleased with the results.
I’ve made a selector for the inventory; when you open the inventory a little box appears and you’re able to move the box around…
I’ve been working on implementing two external extensions in GDevelop 5 today:
CreateMultipleCopiesOfObject — enabled the creation of multiple objects in a shosen number of rows and columns. This will provide the options of increase the amount the player can till based on skills and hoe level.
SnapToGrid — creates…